Saturday, October 18, 2008

Feliz Día Mama

The other night after watching an episode of Law and Order I realized how lucky I am. I came to Buenos Aires in hopes of improving my spanish, but what if something would have gone wrong. I mean there are people that go to different countries every day in hopes of improving something whether it's a language or their life in general and they get lost in the balance. So I began to think about all the things that could have gone wrong, but didn't. I mean I could have been sent to live with a family who treated me horribly and like the episode of Law and Order used me as a slave. In that particular case it was a sex slave. It's a bit morbid I know, but these things could have very much happened, but it didn't.

I live with a wonderful woman who truly is a blessing. Because of this I bought her a half dozen of roses and a chocolate plaque that says "Feliz Día Mama" (18 ARS = 6USD) for Mother's Day, which is tomorrow. She was so thankful. I left everything on the table for her, but for some reason she didn't realize it was hers so I sent her text. It feels good to do something for someone else especially when they've done so much for you. She not only opened her doors to me, but she wakes up and sets my breakfast up which includes fresh squeezed orange juice EVERYDAY. I don't know about everyone else, but I never got that home and I know that she doesn't have to it, but she does it anyway. I also bought the maid the same thing and she also was very thankful. I actually thought she was going to cry, but she didn't. I'm happy too because that would have made me feel weird.

So I currently have a month and a half to go and I can not wait to go home. I really like it here, but the closer it gets the harder it gets. I am a family oriented person and being here I almost feel like I'm missing out on everything. I miss them soo much. I also miss my boyfriend whose been sticking it out with me throughout this whole experience, but it's hard on the both of us. I know we will be fine though. I'm just waiting on November eventhough he tells me to take it one day at a time. How nice. Until next time....
Chau,

Yaszy

No comments: